Recipe by PumpkinDK
This is delicious as a spread for toast or scones, to sandwich together a sponge cake or as the filling for powder puffs. It keeps for weeks if well sealed and refrigerated after opening.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
I remembered seeing this in the Pick A Chef thread & was so excited to try it when I needed lemon curd for recipe #366112. It was super easy. I've never made lemon curd before & it turned out delicous. My photos are not even comparable to Bonnie's so I'm not going to post over it. :) Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe, Pumpkin!
- 4 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 100 ml lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar until well combined but not frothy.
- Tip into a heavy-based non-reactive saucepan and add butter,cornflour, zest and juice.
- Stirring constantly, bring to simmering point over a medium-high heat (about five minutes).
- As soon as bubbles appear, remove from heat, still stirring. Allow to cool.
- Transfer to sterilised jars and seal.
- Makes 2 cups.