Prep 2 hrs
Cook 6 mins
This is a very easy to make lemon curd, I use this on top of cheesecakes or use as a filling between layer cakes. Plan ahead, the curd needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 1 week.
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
- 9.85 ml finely grated lemon zest
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 88.74 ml butter
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan whisk together lemon juice, zest, sugar and eggs.
- Stir in butter and cook over medium-low heat whisking vigorously and continuously until the curd is thick enough to hold a ripple mark when the whisk is lifted from the curd and the first bubbles appear on the surface (this should take about 6-7 minutes).
- Transfer to a bowl then cover the curd using plastic wrap spread directly over the curd.
- Chill for a minimum of 2 hours before using or up to 1 week.
Great recipe! So good.very easy to make. I was worried about lemon flavored scrambled eggs, but not a problem. I will definitely make this again.
For my first time making this I have to say that it was a great experience! I was having a guest for dinner and wanted to make something fancy for her. She loved it and I was happy! I was going to buy some lemon curd, especially for a dinner guest, but I decided to go for it! I put a small scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt on a piece of angel food cake,then some fresh strawberries and blueberries, then the lemon curd and a tiny dollop of cool whip. Just delicious! Thank you Kitten for another keeper!
Taste was really flavorful! However it didn't thicken as much as i needed for a cake filling. This would be good for cheesecake topping. Thanks!