Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a very easy to make lemon curd, I use this on top of cheesecakes or use as a filling between layer cakes. Plan ahead, the curd needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 1 week.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan whisk together lemon juice, zest, sugar and eggs.
- Stir in butter and cook over medium-low heat whisking vigorously and continuously until the curd is thick enough to hold a ripple mark when the whisk is lifted from the curd and the first bubbles appear on the surface (this should take about 6-7 minutes).
- Transfer to a bowl then cover the curd using plastic wrap spread directly over the curd.
- Chill for a minimum of 2 hours before using or up to 1 week.