Recipe by Jen T
I saw this in a magazine while at the hairdresser. Great easy dessert for those wondering how to use their lemons up. Chilling time is cook time. Serve in pretty stemmed glasses. You an also top with a little whipped cream & strawberry for garnish in place of the lemon zest.
Top Review by Chef on the coast
Super yummy! My DH suggested freezing some of it to see how that turned out. Let me tell you....we liked this way better - if that's possible! Super easy to make. If lemons are super expensive - lemon juice works just as well. 2 - 2 1/2 TBSP equals the juice of one lemon. Lemons are kind of spendy right now so I did cheat on the freshness a bit. Thanks for posting a tasty refreshing treat! Made for the July 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
- 300 ml heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1 (395 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 lemons, juice and zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip the heavy cream.
- Empty the sweetened condensed milk into a bowl and mix in the juice of 3 lemons and the grated zest of 2.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Serve the mixture in nice glasses & top with the grated zest of the 3rd lemon.
- Place in fridge to chill.