Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
The aromatic citrus flavor and cilantro in this rice dish makes its delicious flavor.
Make and share this Easy Lemon Cilantro Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups water (or use chicken broth)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (or lime)
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (to taste)
- In a saucepan, combine water or chicken broth, lemon (or lime) juice, rind, garlic salt and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in rice. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- While rice is still hot and just before serving, add chopped fresh cilantro and toss gently.
- Serve with fish, seafood or any meat.
Delicious on its own, and perfect with the cajun spiced tilapia with corn salsa we served for dinner. Put everything but the cilantro in a rice cooker and let that do the magic, then when it was done, stirred in the cilantro. Definitely a keeper.
loved this rice,it was very flavourful!