Recipe by pink cook
The aromatic citrus flavor and cilantro in this rice dish makes its delicious flavor.
Top Review by Zezzilynn
Delicious on its own, and perfect with the cajun spiced tilapia with corn salsa we served for dinner. Put everything but the cilantro in a rice cooker and let that do the magic, then when it was done, stirred in the cilantro. Definitely a keeper.
- 2 cups water (or use chicken broth)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (or lime)
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine water or chicken broth, lemon (or lime) juice, rind, garlic salt and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in rice. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed.
- While rice is still hot and just before serving, add chopped fresh cilantro and toss gently.
- Serve with fish, seafood or any meat.