Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Almost foolproof recipe - hard to screw this one up!
- Clean the chicken, and make sure you wash it thoroughly.
- Put the chicken in a roasting pan.
- Peel and wash the potatoes.
- Cut each potato into 4 equal segments.
- Spread the potatoes around the chicken.
- Squeeze the lemons and add their juice to the roasting pan.
- Mix the potatoes with lemon juice.
- Add the oil.
- Add two cups of water.
- Mix the potatoes thoroughly with the surrounding juice.
- Roast in the oven (time according to weight of chicken).
- Make sure to turn the chicken so that it will be cooked well on both sides.
This was very good! This was my first time baking a whole chicken, and it turned out wonderfully! At first, I thought it had too much liquid, but that helped keep it very moist. It does need S&P, and I will try oregano next time (just because....). Thanks so much! Made for Bargain Basement Tag, May 2011.