Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This one is for lemon lovers who are also chocolate lovers. The extra lemon in this cake gives it a strong enough flavour to offset the chocolate icing without being overpowered. It reminds me of the lemon filled, chocolate coated donuts that you can get at Tim Horton's.
- 1 lemon cake mix
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- egg, as per instructions on cake mix
- oil, as per instructions on cake mix
- 1 can dark chocolate icing
- Make the cake mix per instructions except substitute the lemon juice for an equal amount of water.
- Add the grated lemon skin to the mixture, mix and then pour into 2 8" round pans.
- Bake per instructions on package.
- When cool ice with chocolate icing.