Recipe by Kay D.
I got this recipe from my soon to be MIL. It's very tasty, slightly lemony and buttery. Just the thing for a quick weekend snack.
Top Review by Starrynews
So easy and so delicious. This makes a wonderful mildly flavored, moist cake with a lovely lemon accent! I used the yellow cake mix option and added some lemon zest to the batter before I juiced it for the frosting. I made it in a bundt. Just lovely. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the gelatin and cake mix, mixing together well.
- Add oil, eggs, water, and lemon extract; mixing together.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake according to cake mix package directions.
- (You may choose to use a pan size other than 9x13).
- For the frosting:.
- Mix together the lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- After the cake has baked, but is still warm, ice with the frosting.