Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my soon to be MIL. It's very tasty, slightly lemony and buttery. Just the thing for a quick weekend snack.
- Combine the gelatin and cake mix, mixing together well.
- Add oil, eggs, water, and lemon extract; mixing together.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake according to cake mix package directions.
- (You may choose to use a pan size other than 9x13).
- For the frosting:.
- Mix together the lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- After the cake has baked, but is still warm, ice with the frosting.
So easy and so delicious. This makes a wonderful mildly flavored, moist cake with a lovely lemon accent! I used the yellow cake mix option and added some lemon zest to the batter before I juiced it for the frosting. I made it in a bundt. Just lovely. Thanks for sharing!
When you think you heard of it all...well, ya didn't. Folks this cake was made with lemon gelatin, of all things. In the deep south it's pretty much the beginnings of spring and what better way to kick it off with this tantilizing little number with promises of what's to come. Every single member of my family gave this a 10*!
I make this same cake only use Lemon Cake Mix and omit the Lemon Extract. Key ingredient - using fresh lemons for the glaze and add the zest to the batter. Wonderful!