Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
When my husband has to bring breakfast to the guys at work, they ask for these muffins. I make them lowfat since we are trying to be good, but you can substitute full fat below (1 large egg for the egg beaters, full fat sour cream). Since no one can tell the difference, I just keep it light.
- 2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, can use frozen
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- In a large bowl, combine the Bisquick mix and 1/2 cup sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg substitute, vanilla, and sour cream.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries. NOTE: if using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to batter.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Combine lemon peel and remaining sugar; sprinkle lemon sugar topping over batter.
- Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm or let cool and seal up in a plastic container.