Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe only uses a few ingredients and comes out delicious every time. They have a thick crust that tastes like shortbread and they're simple to make.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend softened butter, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 cups of flour until mixed.
- Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Blend 1/4 cup flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and lemon juice until fluffy. (I use my blender).
- Pour lemon mixture over crust and bake for an additional 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While it's still warm, not hot, sprinkle 3 tbsp of sugar over the top to give them a crystalline looking finish.
- The cooler these are, the easier to cut. I cute mine into 18 2x3 inch slices.