Recipe by Um Safia
A beautiful alternative to regular Lemon Curd, this curd is both tangy and sweet. Delicious with your morning toasted breads etc or can even be used for pie fillings and tarts etc. One of the easiest recipes going so enjoy!
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 1⁄2 lemons, zest of, finely grated
- 50 g butter (the creamier the better)
- 225 g caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 3 large free-range eggs, lightly whisked
- 3 small passion fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the lemon zest, juice, butter and sugar in a pan and heat gently, stirring until the sugar dissolves. take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in the eggs then heat gently, stirring CONTINUOSLY until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon. Do not allow the mixture to overheat as it will split and curdle. Remove from the heat.
- Cut the passion fruit in half, scoop out the pulp and stir into the lemon curd.
- Spoon the curd into 3 or 4 small sterilised jars, allow to cool before sealing. Store in the fridge and use within 1 month.