Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My DH loves lasagna, but he also has no understanding about how much work it can be to make an excellent one. I found this recipe, and it certainly has a lasagna taste!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 4 cups penne, cooked
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cook beef, onion, green pepper and garlic in frying pan over medium heat.
- Stir in tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Then pour on pasta, then the rest of the sauce, then Parmesan, and then top with Mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 covered for 15 minutes. Then uncovered for another 15 minutes or until bubbly.
This was a good basic recipe. I used spaghetti sauce instead of tomato sauce and added two cups of mozzarella cheese. We all enjoyed this with garlic bread. Made for a quick weeknight meal.