Nana Lee's Note:
Whenever your fridge is empty, raid your pantry. Just a jar of pasta sauce is all you need to jump-start this quick dinner idea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREHEAT oven to 375°F
- 2Mix stuffing mix with half each of the spaghetti sauce and oregano.
- 3Add meat; mix well.
- 4Pat into 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 5MIX zucchini, mushrooms, remaining spaghetti sauce and remaining oregano. Spoon evenly over meat mixture; cover with foil.
- 6BAKE 25 minute
- 7Uncover. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Bake, uncovered, an additional 10 minute or until meatloaf is cooked through (160°F).
- 9Cut into six pieces to serve.
- 10KITCHENS TIPS:
- 11Adding spaghetti sauce to the meat mixture not only adds flavor but also helps to keep the baked meatloaf moist.
- 12Serve with your favorite cooked vegetables such as steamed green beans and boiled potatoes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Layered Italian Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.4
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 1069.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese