Recipe by Mrs. Gottrocks
This is a favorite that was passed down to me from my mother, and not only has a wonderful blend of flavors, but is a very pretty presentation. If possible, prepare in a clear or cut glass bowl of some kind, to appreciate the colors of the layers. Enjoy!!
- 2 cucumbers, sliced thin
- 4 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 large red onions or 1 large white onion, sliced into rings
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Wishbone Italian dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) can Hidden Valley Ranch salad crispins, salad topping (any variety)
Directions See How It's Made
- layer the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in that order, until bowl is filled to within 1" from the top (adjust this to the # of people you are serving). Pour the italian dressing over all, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just prior to serving, sprinkle the salad crispins on top.
- This is even great the next day, left over, although a little soggy.