Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, economical and comfort food! This is a hit in our house and I have even done a version of it in my crockpot on busy days. For a lower fat version, substitute half fat cream soup. You won't taste the difference. To make it faster, keep chicken breasts whole and increase baking time to 45 mins. I got this from a Kraft recipe magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (120 g) package seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chicken in 13X9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with poultry seasoning.
- Combine stuffing mix with 1 cup water.
- Mix soup with milk and spread over chicken.
- Spread green beans over next.
- Sprinkle with cheese (and almonds, if you like).
- Top with stuffing.
- Bake 30 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
i loved this dish....without the green beans. but if was very quick and easy to make. and tasted good, once i picked out the green beans.
Wonderful! I was looking for a simple dinner recipe and this was it. I didn't have green beans so I used sliced celery, and I used leftover stuffing instead of stuffing mix (minus the water). I also kept the chicken whole. Perfect, easy.
Found this recipe this morning...made it for dinner. Had RAVE reviews from the husband!! This will definately be added to my recipe box!! THANK YOU!!