Recipe by Joshua's Mom
It is easier to do the lasagna layers with the noodles uncooked. They cook in the oven.
Top Review by JoyceJoann
I love this lasagna recipe! Easy to follow, uses uncooked pasta, and tastes great. I use whole wheat pasta, and added lots of fresh garlic and chopped onion to the ground beef. When I have them, I've added green pepper and zucchini to the sauce, or spinach. Gotta get those veggies! Thanks for posting this good recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 15 ounces cottage cheese, small curd
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat.
- Add sauce and water and let simmer.
- In separate bowl: mix cottage cheese, 1/2 mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- In casserole dish layer in this order: sauce, pasta, sauce, cheese mix, pasta, sauce, cheese mix, pasta, and sauce.
- Sprinkle the other 1/2 mozzarella on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.