Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I made this lasagna and my family raved about it. Posting so I won't lose my recipe.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages no-boil lasagna noodles (not sure, but regular size,made me put a size, I used Skinners)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs 80% lean ground beef
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 dash basil
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 (32 ounce) jarprego traditional spaghetti sauce
- 4 -6 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat sour cream
- 24 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, jumbo sized
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- Brown meat with oregano, basil and garlic, until very dark brown.
- When meat is done, combine mushrooms with it.
- In small mixing bowl, mix cottage cheese, sour cream, egg and parsley.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Put 3/4 cup meat sauce in pan.
- Top with three noodles.
- Top noodles with 2/3 cup cottage cheese mixture.
- Top cottage cheese mixture with 3/4 cup meat sauce.
- Top meat sauce with 1 cup mozzarella.
- Top mozzarella with more noodles. (I place noodles in alternating directions in the pan. I think this helps hold the lasaga together. I broke apart noodles to complete the length of the pan.
- Top noodles with cottage cheese mixture, meat sauce and more mozzarella.
- Make two more layers, following the same order. On the last layer, omit the cottage cheese mixture, just top with meat and mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 25-30 miniutes.
- Take out of the oven, cover loosely with the aluminum foil and let stand at least 15 minutes. This will help it gel together so it will make nice neat pieces when you cut it.
- Will serve up to 12.