This is a great quick recipe that's meatless and light. You can lighten it even more by using lower fat ingredients. Great for kids to make! This is a microwave recipe, but can be made in the oven. Also, ricotta cheese is easily substituted for the cottage cheese, if you prefer!
- Mix cottage cheese, 1-1/2 cup mozzarella and parmesan cheese with eggs and parsley.
- Place one lasagna noodle on work surface.
- Spread 1/3 cup cheese mixture on noodle evenly.
- Roll up tightly like a pinwheel.
- Place seamside down in microwave-safe baking pan, that has 2 cup of spaghetti sauce in bottom.
- Continue until with remaining ingredients.
- Cover rolls with remaining sauce and sprinkle with additional mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with microwave-safe wrap and microcook on high 10-20 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Delicious. I covered it in foil and baked it for 50 minutes instead of microwaving it. Great.
Just finished lasagna rolls....AWESOME!!!!! Added italian sausage, used ricotta cheese, and baked for 50 minutes...together with southern cream-style corn and a salad, perfect meal, and had enough left over for tomorrow. Next time I'll add just a tad bit more seasoning, but great overall....Thanks for dinner made easy!
Wow! I'm NOT one to cook meals in the microwave, but these may have changed my mind. Great recipe for hot summer days. I'd suggest leaving a couple inches at the end of the noodle plain, as when you roll it, the cheese tends to gush forward. My husband liked these better than my "regular" lasagna. I added some mild italian sausage as well. I wasn't sure about the amount of parsley if using dried, so I used about 2 Tsp. Turned out fine. I was surprised how bubbly and cheesy this turned out! Yummmmy! Thanks