Recipe by lilchris
My husband refuses to eat anything with Ricotta Cheese. I tried several different versions and this was his favorite. Now, it's the only lasagna I fix.
Top Review by Kasey S.
This lasagna was delicious and super easy! I don't like ricotta so it was perfect. I did add a bit of salt and about 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes to the ground beef mixture, and a tablespoon or so of both fresh parsley and fresh basil to the sauce mixture before layering.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 354.88 ml shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 828.06 ml spaghetti sauce
- 118.29 ml water
- 2.46 ml minced garlic
- 0.59 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook ground beef, onion, garlic, and pepper in skillet until beef is browned; drain.
- Return beef to skillet and add the spaghetti sauce, water, parmesan cheese, and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Stir to mix.
- Lightly spray 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place 3 lasagna noodles in bottom. Add 1/3 of the meat mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with a layer of the meat mixture on the top.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella on top. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.