Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My husband refuses to eat anything with Ricotta Cheese. I tried several different versions and this was his favorite. Now, it's the only lasagna I fix.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook ground beef, onion, garlic, and pepper in skillet until beef is browned; drain.
- Return beef to skillet and add the spaghetti sauce, water, parmesan cheese, and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Stir to mix.
- Lightly spray 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place 3 lasagna noodles in bottom. Add 1/3 of the meat mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with a layer of the meat mixture on the top.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella on top. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
This lasagna was easy and delicious!! My husband also hates ricotta, so this recipe was a huge hit!
This is the best lasagna and easiest recipe I have found! I esp. love that their is no ricotta because I am not a fan of ricotta. Thanks!!!!!
I hate ricotta (and almost every other cheese) so I was thrilled to find this recipe. It is very good and simple to make but more importantly my husband and kids love it too! I've made it several times following the exact recipe and it is wonderful. Tonight I added thin strips of zucchini from our garden- yum!