Prep 45 mins
Cook 41 mins
I haven't tried this, (I don't like lasagne) but my friends that I have given it to reckon it's pretty good.
- 1 (400 g) can tomatoes, in juice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon beef stock powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon green herb stock powder
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 450 g beef mince
- 1⁄2 cup water, hot
- 150 g small lasagna noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Pour tomatoes and juice into a large bowl and cut the tomatoes into pieces.
- Add soup mix, stocks, herbs, tomato paste, soy sauce, garlic, mince and water.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Grease a round casserole dish (21cm) and spoon a third of the meat mixture into it. Arrange half the noodles on top and cover with another third of the mixture. Spread the remaining noodles evenly and top with the remaining meat mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH for 12 minutes.
- Stand covered 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- Spread the cheese over the top and continue cooking for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with dried breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Stand uncovered for 5 - 10 minutes before serving.