Recipe by Lasko
My Mother In Law taught me how to make Lasagna years ago and the recipe has evolved into what it is today. It does vary depending on what I have on hand. Sometimes I use more cheese and if you can make it ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge all day or over night it tastes even better! It seems like a lot of steps but it's really not that bad, you could cook the onions and the garlic with the meat and sometimes I add a diced red bell pepper.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- Ragu chunky tomato onion & garlic sauce (I use what I have)
- 9 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups Italian cheese
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- fresh basil leaf
- 3 -4 ounces fresh spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a 13x9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put butter and onion into a small pan on med heat and cook until translucent then add garlic and set aside.
- Brown meat in a pan.
- Combine meat, onions, and garlic.
- Create 4 layers as follows:.
- 1-spread 1/2 cup of sauce on bottom of pan.
- 2- layer noddles on top.
- 3- spread 1/4 of the remaning sauce on noddles, 1/3 of the cottage cheese, 1/3 meat, 1/2 spinach, 1/4 Moterella, and rip up basil leaves.
- 4-Repeat Steps 1-3 two more times.
- The last layer spread the remaining sauce (make sure to cover all of the noodles), remaining Cheese, Parmasan, and Italian Seasoning.
- Cover with Foil.
- Bake 45 min to 60 min covered remove foil and bake an additional 5 min until cheese is melty.
- Let stand 10 min before cutting.