Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This makes enough for dinner tonight & some to freeze for later. Got this from my cousin 35 years ago & my kids still love it.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 15 lasagna noodles
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (use 32 oz jar if available)
- 1 cup non fat small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 24 ounces grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Brown ground meat, seasoning with onion salt, dried oregano, & garlic powder as it cooks. When browned, add a small amount of spaghetti sauce, enough to moisten meat.
- Meanwhile cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Mix cottage cheese & sour cream together (can use either reg or light also.).
- Put one layer of noodles in 2 greased pans (9x13" & 6x10"). Put 1/2 of meat mixture over noodles. Put 1/2 of cottage cheese mixture over meat (these can be blobbed on & spread slightly, it will spread as it cooks). Sprinkle 1/2 of mozzarella cheesse then 1/2 of parmesan cheese over cottage cheese. Put another layer of noodles. Layer remaining meat & cheese mixtures in same order. Top with noodles. Add remaining spaghetti sauce making sure noodles are covered. Cover one dish with foil & bake at 350 deg for 30-45 minutes. Freeze remaining dish. (Remember to cook frozen dish longer with using it.).
- Note: For a Mexican flavor, replace mozzarella cheese with Monterey jack & spaghetti sauce with enchilada sauce.