Jackie #6's Note:
This makes enough for dinner tonight & some to freeze for later. Got this from my cousin 35 years ago & my kids still love it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground meat, seasoning with onion salt, dried oregano, & garlic powder as it cooks. When browned, add a small amount of spaghetti sauce, enough to moisten meat.
- 2Meanwhile cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- 3Mix cottage cheese & sour cream together (can use either reg or light also.).
- 4Put one layer of noodles in 2 greased pans (9x13" & 6x10"). Put 1/2 of meat mixture over noodles. Put 1/2 of cottage cheese mixture over meat (these can be blobbed on & spread slightly, it will spread as it cooks). Sprinkle 1/2 of mozzarella cheesse then 1/2 of parmesan cheese over cottage cheese. Put another layer of noodles. Layer remaining meat & cheese mixtures in same order. Top with noodles. Add remaining spaghetti sauce making sure noodles are covered. Cover one dish with foil & bake at 350 deg for 30-45 minutes. Freeze remaining dish. (Remember to cook frozen dish longer with using it.).
- 5Note: For a Mexican flavor, replace mozzarella cheese with Monterey jack & spaghetti sauce with enchilada sauce.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.9
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 896.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 32.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non fat small curd cottage cheese