Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
When my boyfriend and I started dating, he told me his favorite meal was lasagna. Ha, The only time in my life I had even attempted to make it, it was awful. But I really liked this guy and I wanted to impress him, so I searched and searched the internet for the perfect recipe. I found one with all these expensive cheese and Italian spices. I decided on that one it was very expensive and it was bad, he didn't like it (neither did I)and being the sweet guy he is, he said, "But honey you tried". The next week-end he cooked his recipe for me and this is it. It's very cheap and easy to make and we love it. That was 4 years ago and we are still making lasagna together.
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb hamburger
- 16 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles as states on package, drain and cool in cold water.
- Mix together the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Chop green pepper and onion; sauté until semi-soft.
- Add peppers and onions to hamburger and fry until meat is done.
- Drain off fat, add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a 9 x 13 casserole dish put in three table spoons sauce, the noodles, cottage cheese and cheese mix. Continue to layer having the cheese mixture being last, on top.
- Salt and pepper.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 50 minutes or until cheese is melted on top and browning.