Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This meatless recipe is packed full of soy products and zucchini.
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 16 ounces tofu
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 cups fat-free marinara sauce
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 4 ounces soy mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan soy cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the mushrooms and zucchini in a nonstick skillet until tender, adding a little water if needed; Set aside.
- Mash tofu in a small mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice, dried parsley flakes, Italian herb seasoning and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Combine water and marinara sauce. (The extra water will be absorbed by the lasagna noodles.).
- To assemble lasagna, put 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Top with half the uncooked noodles, half the tofu mixture, half the Mozzarella-style soy cheese, and all the mushrooms and zucchini.
- Top with 1/3 of sauce, remaining noodles, remaining tofu and then the last 1/3 of the sauce.
- Top with the remaining Mozzarella and all the Parmesan soy cheeses.
- Cover casserole with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove casserole from oven and let sit 10 to 15 minutes to make serving easier then cut lasagna into 18 pieces.
- Can also use the filling in manicotti or large pasta shells (combine mushrooms, zucchini and tofu mixture).
- Pour water/marinara sauce over filled shells and top with soy cheeses.