Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A quick and easy version of lasagna
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese, divided
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 (26 ounce) canschunky spaghetti sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) boxoven-ready lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, cottage cheese, and 1 cup mozzarella cheese; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef, onion, and garlic together until the beef is done; drain excess grease.
- Add water and all but 1 cup of spaghetti sauce to beef.
- Spread reserved spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Layer 5 to 6 lasagna noodles over the sauce, overlapping or breaking to fit.
- Spread half the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Spoon a third of the beef mixture over the cheese layer.
- Repeat layers once.
- Add one more layer of 5 to 6 noodles and spoon remaining third of beef mixture over the top.
- Cover and bake 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This was so quick and easy! Everyone loved it. I was surprised that I like the cottage cheese in the recipe. I could only find 16 ounce boxes of lasagna noodles and I used all but 4 of them. I also boiled the noodles because they were not oven-ready. This recipe really fills the pan! Thanks NurseDi!
Love this recipe!
This is the recipe I use for lasagna!! Easy to prepare and it's delicious. I add broccoli flowers and bell peppers in the last layer. My 3 years old loves it.