Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy one dish meal with moroccan flavours.
Make and share this Easy Lamb Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix or 2 teaspoons moroccan seasoning
- 500 g lamb fillets, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups beef stock or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 50 g dried apricots, chopped
- 400 g canned chick-peas, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- mint leaf
- flat bread, to serve
- Heat oil in frypan. Add onions and cook until just golden.
- Add spice and cook for few seconds, add meat and stir 3 minutes until meat is browned.
- Stir in rice, add stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes until rice is tender and most of stock is absorbed.
- Stir in apricots, chicpeas and pine nuts. Garnish with mint and serve with tzatziki and flatbread.