Recipe by ChefWhiz
This is a simple, savory crock pot soup. You may substitute 1 1/2 c. fresh broccoli flowerets for 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped broccoli.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium tomatoes, drained diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine lamb, onion, garlic, cumin, and salt; mix lightly.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Brown meatballs in large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally.
- Place broth, tomatoes, beans, broccoli, thyme, and meatballs in slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 4-5 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.