Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my first recipe posted! I found it in Prevention Magazine and now fix it, with modifications, once a week for my lamb-loving, diet-conscious husband. This meets my definition of a great recipe - tasty, easy, healthy, and a complete meal. Prep time does not include fixing the whole grain of your choice, but depending on the grain, you can start it when you put the meat in to brown and it will be done when the recipe is. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground lamb (or other lean ground meat of your choice)
- 1 onion, chopped (optional, if short on time, use chopped frozen onions)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional, use more or less or garlic power, according to taste)
- 5 teaspoons curry powder (use high quality, such as Madras)
- 1⁄2 cup water (or use low sodium chicken or vegetable stock, I usually use homemade)
- 1 (15 ounce) containerfresh marinara sauce (such as Buitoni)
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach (or up to 1 pound of chopped fresh or frozen spinach, or kale, or other green of your choice)
- Brown meat in seasoned cast iron skillet with onion, garlic and spice.
- Add liquid, marinara sauce and greens.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until greens are tender.
- Serve over cooked whole grain of your choice.