This is my first recipe posted! I found it in Prevention Magazine and now fix it, with modifications, once a week for my lamb-loving, diet-conscious husband. This meets my definition of a great recipe - tasty, easy, healthy, and a complete meal. Prep time does not include fixing the whole grain of your choice, but depending on the grain, you can start it when you put the meat in to brown and it will be done when the recipe is. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground lamb (or other lean ground meat of your choice)
- 1 onion, chopped (optional, if short on time, use chopped frozen onions)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional, use more or less or garlic power, according to taste)
- 5 teaspoons curry powder (use high quality, such as Madras)
- 1/2 cup water (or use low sodium chicken or vegetable stock, I usually use homemade)
- 1 (15 ounce) container fresh marinara sauce (such as Buitoni)
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach (or up to 1 pound of chopped fresh or frozen spinach, or kale, or other green of your choice)
- 1Brown meat in seasoned cast iron skillet with onion, garlic and spice.
- 2Add liquid, marinara sauce and greens.
- 3Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until greens are tender.
- 4Serve over cooked whole grain of your choice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Lamb Curry With Greens
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.5
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 661.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 22.7 g