Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
There's nothing nicer than a hearty curry in the dead of winter. But for that matter, curry is great any time, any season, and this fits the bill perfectly.
- 600 g lamb fillets, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 green chili, deseeded and chopped
- 150 g plain yogurt
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 250 g cashew nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground garam masala
- 1⁄2 cup meat stock
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix together the garlic, ginger and salt in a bowl.
- Then add in the yoghurt, chilli and lamb.
- Leave for 15 minutes.
- Blitz the nuts in a food processor until ground to a paste.
- Take a large frying pan or wok and heat the oil.
- Add the onions and stir until they turn golden.
- Add the spices.
- Lift the meat out of its marinade and add to the pan.
- Stir well until the meat is seared.
- Add the marinade and meat stock.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook until the lamb is done.
- Add the nut paste and coconut milk.
- Heat through and serve over rice, with a side dish such as naans or poppadums with chutney.
This is a super recipe. It wasn't that easy for me, but the end result was just what I wanted. Suggestion: use three Anaheim chilies, and less coconut milk.
love it! tasty & easy too I made a few small changes 2 med onions + 1/4 diced eggplant/aubergine 125 g cashews, use lite coconut milk served topped with fresh coriander on basmati rice with mini poppadums - yummo
Yummy curry thanks Friedel. It was quick and tasted great, but I think it had too many cashews in it. They are put in as a thickener, and most of my recipes with that amount of liquid would use about 100gs. We reduced it to 150g, but it was still too thick for our likes. Next time I will reduce the cashews even more.