There's nothing nicer than a hearty curry in the dead of winter. But for that matter, curry is great any time, any season, and this fits the bill perfectly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g lamb fillets, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 green chili, deseeded and chopped
- 150 g plain yogurt
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 250 g cashew nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garam masala
- 1/2 cup meat stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Mix together the garlic, ginger and salt in a bowl.
- 2Then add in the yoghurt, chilli and lamb.
- 3Leave for 15 minutes.
- 4Blitz the nuts in a food processor until ground to a paste.
- 5Take a large frying pan or wok and heat the oil.
- 6Add the onions and stir until they turn golden.
- 7Add the spices.
- 8Lift the meat out of its marinade and add to the pan.
- 9Stir well until the meat is seared.
- 10Add the marinade and meat stock.
- 11Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook until the lamb is done.
- 12Add the nut paste and coconut milk.
- 13Heat through and serve over rice, with a side dish such as naans or poppadums with chutney.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Lamb Curry
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1030.8
- Calories from Fat 778
- Total Fat 86.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.9 g
- Cholesterol 115.8 mg
- Sodium 510.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 37.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: