1/2 Photos of Easy Lamb Curry
Pure delicious and so very easy. Use your favourite curry paste with this recipe and any lean cut of lamb. I've even used loin chops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 ml beef stock
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600 g boneless lamb loin
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 1 (400 g) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- cooked basmati rice, to serve
- fresh coriander sprig, to garnish
- 1 (200 g) container skim natural yoghurt, to serve
- 1Place the stock, onion and garlic in a medium non-stick saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 6 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- 2Meanwhile, cut the lamb into 3cm pieces and combine with curry paste.
- 3Transfer the onion mixture to a bowl. Heat the pan over medium-high heat and add a third of the lamb. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 1 minute or until the lamb is just sealed all over.
- 4Transfer the lamb to a plate and repeat with the remaining lamb in 2 more batches.
- 5Return the onion mixture to the pan and stir in the tomatoes. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat.
- 6Reduce heat to low and cook, partially covered, stirring often, for 6 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- 7Stir in lamb and cook, uncovered, stirring often, for a further 2 minutes or until lamb is cooked to medium rare. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Place the rice in serving bowls. Spoon the curry over the rice and top with the coriander. Serve immediately with the yoghurt.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Lamb Curry
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.0 mg
- Sodium 412.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 32.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild curry paste
skim natural yoghurt