Recipe by An_Net
Pure delicious and so very easy. Use your favourite curry paste with this recipe and any lean cut of lamb. I've even used loin chops.
- 125 ml beef stock
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600 g boneless lamb loin
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 1 (400 g) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- cooked basmati rice, to serve
- fresh coriander sprig, to garnish
- 1 (200 g) container skim natural yoghurt, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the stock, onion and garlic in a medium non-stick saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 6 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Meanwhile, cut the lamb into 3cm pieces and combine with curry paste.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a bowl. Heat the pan over medium-high heat and add a third of the lamb. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 1 minute or until the lamb is just sealed all over.
- Transfer the lamb to a plate and repeat with the remaining lamb in 2 more batches.
- Return the onion mixture to the pan and stir in the tomatoes. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, partially covered, stirring often, for 6 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in lamb and cook, uncovered, stirring often, for a further 2 minutes or until lamb is cooked to medium rare. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the rice in serving bowls. Spoon the curry over the rice and top with the coriander. Serve immediately with the yoghurt.