Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Only a few ingredients and a simple skillet preparation. From a magazine. Says it goes nicely with couscous and a veggie like sugar snap peas.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 lamb chops, from the rib, 1-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Stir together mint, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pat 3 of the lamb chops dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 10" heavy skillet (preferably cast iron) over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then saute chops, turning once, 6 minutes for medium rare.
- Transfer chops to a plate and keep warm, covered with foil.
- Dry, season and saute remaining 3 chops in the same manner.
- Serve topped with the yogurt-mint sauce.