Recipe by DramaQueen14
This is a fun greek twist on the traditional burger. Ready in no time at all!
- 2 lbs ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- kosher salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 scallions, diced
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 3 ounces plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup seedless cucumber, chopped and peeled
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 6 sandwich buns or 12 slices country bread, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- To make feta sauce: In food processor mix yogurt, feta cheese, cucumber, one diced scallion and vinegar until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate while making burgers, or at least 15 minutes.
- For burgers: Mix lamb, curry, remaining scallion and (generously)salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into six oval patties(to fit rolls/toast) and season with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high.
- Cook patties until browned on outside and just cooked through(approx. 5 minutes each side).
- Serve burgers on rolls topped with tomato slices and sauce.