1/1 Photo of Easy La Victoria Chile Verde
1 hr 5 mins
I love chile verde, and I've been impressed by this, the easiest and tastiest recipe I've found. Yes, it cheats a bit by using sauce from a jar (hmmph, you might say!), but sometimes you can achieve really good results from shortcuts. :) This is the recipe I use most often for Chile Verde. Delicious, and folks ask for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g pork, cubed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 large fresh onions, minced or diced or 118.29 ml dried onion flakes
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 453.59 g jar la victoria salsa verde
- 118.29 ml water or 118.29 ml chicken broth (preferred) or 118.29 ml mexican beer (if you're feeling "beery" :))
- 1Cut pork into 1/2-inch cubes; season cubes with salt and pepper.
- 2In a large, heavy pan with lid, brown the cubes well in oil and melted butter.
- 3Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, then drain the fat from the pan.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer for at least 90 minutes, stirring frequently; add more water (or broth or beer) during cooking if necessary to achieve desired sauce texture.
- 5Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy La Victoria Chile Verde
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.6
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 150.4 mg
- Sodium 1623.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 47.4 g