Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Joan Cagin of West Orange, NJ from one of my community cookbooks. There is no ham or bacon in this recipe.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken parts
- 1⁄2 lb whole mushroom
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, can use less
- 1 lb small onion, peeled
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup kosher red wine
- 1 garlic clove
- parsley (optional)
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil and brown the chicken over high heat until well browned.
- Pour in the red wine and garlic.
- Cover tightly for 10 minutes.
- Pour in water, salt, pepper, beef bouillon cubes, onion, mushrooms, parsley, salt and pepper
- Cover tightly and cook over medium heat for 40 minutes or until done.