Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe goes back years, it takes only minutes to make but will need some freezer time to firm up, pick you favorite flavor of Kool Aid to make this --- this is so much fun to prepare if you have kids they just love the different colors and flavors --- for a low fat treat use low-fat milk or fat free milk
Top Review by oneoldmom
I have an ice cream maker and, if I forget dessert or it's a quick eat night, I quick through the ingredients together in the ice cream maker, give it a quick stir and turn it on before we start eating, when we're finished with dinner, dessert is ready!!!
- 1 cup sugar (or more for a sweeter taste)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix (do not use sugar-free)
- 3 cups milk (use low-fat milk or for more creamy taste use 18% table cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl stir together sugar, Kool-aid powder and the milk until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour into an 8x8-inch (or larger) pan; cover with heavy plastic wrap and freeze for about 1 hour or until thickened.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Return to freezer container; cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove about 15 minutes from freezer before using.