Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe goes back years, it takes only minutes to make but will need some freezer time to firm up, pick you favorite flavor of Kool Aid to make this --- this is so much fun to prepare if you have kids they just love the different colors and flavors --- for a low fat treat use low-fat milk or fat free milk
- In a bowl stir together sugar, Kool-aid powder and the milk until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour into an 8x8-inch (or larger) pan; cover with heavy plastic wrap and freeze for about 1 hour or until thickened.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Return to freezer container; cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove about 15 minutes from freezer before using.
I have an ice cream maker and, if I forget dessert or it's a quick eat night, I quick through the ingredients together in the ice cream maker, give it a quick stir and turn it on before we start eating, when we're finished with dinner, dessert is ready!!!
Delicious! Tastes just like sherbet. Make sure the envelope of Kool-Aid is the right amount, as I had to use two envelopes to equal what it called for in the recipe. I noticed different flavors have different amounts.
Super easy using the ice cream attachment for my mixer (just stirred it up and poured it in)! We did lemonade today but they are fighting over what flavor to try tomorrow. This made enough for the three boys and I with nothing leftover to store. As suggested, I used less sugar and they didn't miss the extra. I also used mostly skim milk with some half and half.