Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Simple meal we like to eat around Oktoberfest time. Serve with mashed or boiled potatoes, good hot German mustard, dark rye bread and beer (cider for the kids).
- 1 lb sauerkraut
- caraway seed (to taste, I use 1/2 to 1 tsp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1 lb knackwurst of frankfurter
- Put sauerkraut in a large saucepan (add a little liquid if necessary - water, white wine, broth or beer).
- Mix in caraway seed and brown sugar (if using).
- Put knackwurst on top.
- Cover and cook on low heat 30-35 minutes.