If you have a large mixer, this is so easy and the mixer even does the kneading for you. Our family makes homemade pizza almost once a week, its so easy!
- Put water in mixer bowl and sprinkle yeast over water to dissolve.
- Mix water and yeast with whisk attachment until foamy.
- Add Olive Oil, Salt, Oregano and Honey and whisk together until well blended.
- Add 1 Cup of Flour and mix together.
- Remove whisk attachment scraping dough mixture into bowl and attach bread hook to mixer.
- Add another Cup of Flour and mix on low speed until well incorporated and dough is not "sticky". If dough is too sticky, add the additonal 1/4 cup (or more) of flour until it resembles bread dough.
- Mix dough on medium speed for 5-7 minutes until it is elastic and smooth.
- Remove dough ball from mixer and place in an oiled bowl large enough for the dough to double in size.Cover bowl with a damp cloth and allow dough to rise in a warm place, away from drafts.
- When dough is doubled in size (15-20 minutes), remove from bowl and punch down dough, roll out to desired thickness and shape.
- Drizzle Olive Oil on rolled out dough, sprinkle with additonal Dried Oregano and Kosher Salt, and top as desired.
- Bake on a perforated pizza pan in a very hot (500 degree) oven. Start pizza on bottom rack for 5 minutes. Using a pizza peal, slide the peal underneath the pan and move the pizza to the oven's top rack. Continue baking until crust is browned, and toppings are heated (5-7 minutes more).
- Using the pizza peal, remove the pizza pan from the oven carefully. Place pan on a heat proof surface, then use the pizza peal to remove the pizza from the pan. Allow pizza to cool for 2 minutes on the peal, then slice as desired using a pizza cutter.