Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you have a large mixer, this is so easy and the mixer even does the kneading for you. Our family makes homemade pizza almost once a week, its so easy!
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 1⁄4 ounces fast rising yeast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- Put water in mixer bowl and sprinkle yeast over water to dissolve.
- Mix water and yeast with whisk attachment until foamy.
- Add Olive Oil, Salt, Oregano and Honey and whisk together until well blended.
- Add 1 Cup of Flour and mix together.
- Remove whisk attachment scraping dough mixture into bowl and attach bread hook to mixer.
- Add another Cup of Flour and mix on low speed until well incorporated and dough is not "sticky". If dough is too sticky, add the additonal 1/4 cup (or more) of flour until it resembles bread dough.
- Mix dough on medium speed for 5-7 minutes until it is elastic and smooth.
- Remove dough ball from mixer and place in an oiled bowl large enough for the dough to double in size.Cover bowl with a damp cloth and allow dough to rise in a warm place, away from drafts.
- When dough is doubled in size (15-20 minutes), remove from bowl and punch down dough, roll out to desired thickness and shape.
- Drizzle Olive Oil on rolled out dough, sprinkle with additonal Dried Oregano and Kosher Salt, and top as desired.
- Bake on a perforated pizza pan in a very hot (500 degree) oven. Start pizza on bottom rack for 5 minutes. Using a pizza peal, slide the peal underneath the pan and move the pizza to the oven's top rack. Continue baking until crust is browned, and toppings are heated (5-7 minutes more).
- Using the pizza peal, remove the pizza pan from the oven carefully. Place pan on a heat proof surface, then use the pizza peal to remove the pizza from the pan. Allow pizza to cool for 2 minutes on the peal, then slice as desired using a pizza cutter.
Flavor was good, rather easy. I would suggest that if your cooking on a non perforated pan you should pre bake the crust a bit. Was hard to get crisp before toppings singed at 500 deg in 10 min.
This dough worked out very well. It turned out crispy and the oregano gave it a nice flavor without being too overpowering. Next time, I'm going to add a little parmesan cheese to try to enhance the flavor a little more. All in all an easy and flavorful pizza dough recipe.
Nice pizza dough. I made it as written and didn't have any problems. I didn't follow the pizza making directions as I used my own recipe. It turned out fine. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC 2013.