1/2 Photos of Easy King Ranch Casserole
There are so many variations of King Ranch Casserole. Mine has no green peppers, onions, or olives. As simple as this is, it's one of DH's most requested meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro (Rotel)
- 2 cups grated cheese (I use the Fiesta Blend sold at Wal-Mart, a blend of Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla and Asa)
- 12 ounces tortilla chips, crushed
- chopped tomato (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Place chicken in a Dutch oven with enough water to cover. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. After it has come to a rolling boil, turn off heat. Keep chicken tightly covered and let sit 30 minutes. Remove chicken and shred when cool.
- 2While chicken is cooking, mix the 2 cans of soups with Rotel.
- 3In a buttered 13x9x2-inch baking dish, layer half of the crushed chips, half of the cooked chicken, half of the cheese, and half of the soup mixture. Repeat layers, reserving a little cheese and crushed chips for the top.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, until hot and bubbly. Serve topped with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy King Ranch Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.9
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 1387.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro