Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a GREAT King Ranch Casserole with not too many ingredients. Easy to make and good to eat!
Make and share this Easy King Ranch Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put chopped chicken, cream of mushroom soup, Ro-tel tomatoes, and chunks of Velveeta into a bowl; stir them together.
- Spray baking pan with Pam, and then cover the bottom of the pan with half of the tortilla triangles.
- Pour half of the mixture in your bowl on top of the tortillas and spread it around so that it covers all of the tortillas.
- Put remaining half of tortillas on top of the mixture.
- Pour the rest of the mixture from your bowl on top of the second layer of tortillas and once again spread it around onto all of the tortillas.
- Cover top of baking pan with foil and let the casserole cook for 30 minutes.
I really enjoyed this recipe. Especially because my hubby made it.He added some canned mushrooms and onions and substituted velvetta for mozzerella cheese. It was suprisingly really tasty!
I gave this 5 stars, because of the taste and ease of the recipe. (I love 5 ingred. or less cooking!) However, I do have to admit that I changed your recipe up, a bit. I used 4 boneless fajita-marinated thighs (as I have a ton of these in my freezer!), I substituted chicken soup for mushroom (I hate them!), and I used crushed tortilla chips, instead of the flour tortillas. You see, I just used what I already had on hand, and yet the recipe was still great! I love recipes that are easy to adapt! I will make this again, for sure.
This was very easy to make and the right amount of spice for my husband from the Ro-Tels. I used 3 cups of chicken so DH would be happy there was more meat in it. I will be making it again. Made for Spring PAC 2007 game.