Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Authentic? Heck, no. Good? You bet! I like it on steak sandwiches!
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, diced
- 2 scallions, white part only, minced
- 1⁄2 carrot, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon asian chili-garlic sauce
- Chop cabbage, put in bowl and sprinkle with salt and vinegar. Mix thoroughly.
- Mince scallions and carrots, add to cabbage and mix thoroughly.
- Add chili sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate.
Taste more like a slaw. Very bland compared to the real deal. It's an ok recipe but I would change the name of it. It is really misleading. Those who have not eaten kim chee might be turned off or disapointed when they try kim chee for the fist time. I would name it Not Authentic Easy Kim Chee Slaw. But like I said before it's ok but it seems to be missing somthing.