1/2 Photos of Easy Kidney Bean and Cheese Casserole
If you prefer spicy then add in a finely chopped jalapeno pepper. The chili powder can be increased or decreased to suit taste.Also you can add in some navy beans with the kidney beans. This is a very simple but good bean recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic (to taste)
- 1 small green bell pepper, coarsley chopped (optional)
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 3 -4 teaspoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 3Heat a large skillet with oil over medium heat.
- 4Add in onion, garlic and green bell pepper (if using) saute until the onions are just golden.
- 5Add in the chili powder, salt and pepper; cook stirring for 1 minute.
- 6Add in the red kidney beans and drained chopped tomatoes; cook, stirring for 20 minutes, seasoning with more chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Spread half of the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
- 8Sprinkle with about 1-1/2 cups cheese.
- 9Top with remaining bean mixture.
- 10Then top with remaining 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese (or to taste).
- 11Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes, or until the cheese is browned.
- 12Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Kidney Bean and Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.5
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.9 mg
- Sodium 562.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 40.9 g