i always used to use the jars of sauce, but had to start making my own spaghetti bolognese sauce because my DH HATES tomato bits and other chunks of veggies that come in the jarred sauce. You probably have most of the ingredients already in the cupboard. Personally, I think this is better than any store bought sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- 2In another large pot, boil water for spaghetti. When it comes to a rolling boil, add spaghetti and salt, and leave for approx 12 minutes.
- 3Once the pan is hot, add the beef. Let it sear on both sides before breaking it up, this seals in more flavour.
- 4Once beef is browned, drain excess fat from the pan, add the onion and garlic, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- 5Add tomato sauce, sugar, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil.
- 6Reduce heat to low, and let simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep seasoning to taste.
- 7Drain spaghetti, and rinse excess starch off it.
- 8Mix spaghetti and sauce together.
- 9Serve and enjoy with a hot slice of garlic cheese bread.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Kid-Pleasing Spaghetti Bolognese
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.1
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 1239.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 37.9 g