Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
i always used to use the jars of sauce, but had to start making my own spaghetti bolognese sauce because my DH HATES tomato bits and other chunks of veggies that come in the jarred sauce. You probably have most of the ingredients already in the cupboard. Personally, I think this is better than any store bought sauce.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- In another large pot, boil water for spaghetti. When it comes to a rolling boil, add spaghetti and salt, and leave for approx 12 minutes.
- Once the pan is hot, add the beef. Let it sear on both sides before breaking it up, this seals in more flavour.
- Once beef is browned, drain excess fat from the pan, add the onion and garlic, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, sugar, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and let simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep seasoning to taste.
- Drain spaghetti, and rinse excess starch off it.
- Mix spaghetti and sauce together.
- Serve and enjoy with a hot slice of garlic cheese bread.