Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The ultimate kid pleaser, great frosting for baking Pink Brownies Lite & Fluffy as cupcakes. Would also be tasty on a traditional vanilla/white cake! I love getting creative with Nesquik.
- 8 tablespoons salted butter (it helps set- add a shake of table salt if using unsalted)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, must be beaten in gradually
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry-flavor Nestle Nesquik powder
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk (any kind is fine but I normally keep 2% around)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter must be highly softened but NOT melted. I'd recommend leaving it out in a safe area for about 20 minutes.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter with 1 cup confectioners sugar and the milk.
- Beat in the Nesquik and vanilla extract.
- In small increments, beat in the rest of the confectioners' sugar. For a stiffer frosting, add a little more confectioners sugar.
- This will ice about 24-36 cupcakes assuming you use about 2-3 Tbsp per cupcake. It's best to make this after you've baked and are ready to use it because refridgeration will cause it to set and make it practically unspreadable.
My daughter's one request was for strawberry frosting for her birthday cake. I always make my frosting, but I had never attempted strawberry before, so I thought this looked good. The recipe was fine, but the taste was disgusting. Maybe it's been too long since I had strawberry milk, but the artificial taste was very off-putting.
I substituted butter-flavored crisco for butter to get a firmer consistency for piping. I also used a little less milk. The flavor was spot-on! It tasted like strawberry milk... :-)