Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from the lady I babysit for, who got it from Paula Deen's show on Food Network. I have made a few alterations (her version has almonds in the crust and a meringue on top, but I prefer this less complicated version). It is really simple and has turned out GREAT for me everytime. Put a little homemade whipped cream on top and you're good to go! I usually double the recipe and give one of the pies away.
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the crust, combine ingredients and pat down into a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk, lime juice, and zest; blend in the egg yolks. Pour the filling into the crust. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until set.
I used a regular baked pie crust, and I used lemon peel instead of lime zest. It still came out very good.