Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
It's amazing how something this easy to prepare, can taste so amazingly fantastic.....what a great torte to serve to your guests or family...they will just love it! (note: plan ahead, as this cake needs to sit in the fridge for 8 hours before serving)
- 1 lb butter
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or more to suit taste)
- 1 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Fit an 8-in square baking pan bottom with wax paper.
- Grease the sides and the paper of baking pan.
- Melt the butter.
- Add expresso powder and sugar into the melted butter; stir well until dissolved.
- Add the chocolate chips to the hot butter/expresso mixture; stir until chocolate is melted.
- Beat in the 8 eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in Kahlua.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place the pan into a larger baking pan, and fill the larger pan halfway to top of water (making a water bath).
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Chill at least 8 hours before serving onto a serving platter.
- Note: serve with pureed strawberries or raspberries or your favorite berry.