Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a super easy recipe for the juiciest, tastiest pork tenderloin. Adapted from a Paula Deen recipe to simplify it for our busy schedules. Brining the pork keeps it tender and juicy, eliminates high roasting temperatures, and constantly checking for doneness. It's fantastic with mashed potatoes and gravy on the side.
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin, not a flavored one, get it from the butcher
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Dissolve 1/2 cup salt and sugar with water in large bowl.
- Submerge pork, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a teacup and let sit at room temperature.
- I've substituted Italian seasoning for the herbs and it works very well.
- Rinse roast under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub herb mixture over entire pork loin.
- Place in loaf pan and cook at 325F for 90 minutes.
- Tent pork and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with stuffing or mashed potatoes and gravy.