Recipe by TLizSkinn
Let's face it when you have kids you need quick throw together meals alot. This one is quick and easy. BUT still very good.
Top Review by Cinda Lu
I was very happy with this recipe. I made slight changes. I added 1/2 cup cooked, diced chicken and a bit more spice. I also added about one more cup of chicken broth than the recipe called for. Otherwise, made as directed and DH and I both liked it lots. Also, DH took part of the recipe to work and shared with his buddies... they requested I send MORE. I am going to add shrimp next time. Thanks TLiz
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package smoked sausage, cut in 1/4 in slices
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce, green pepper sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and sausage cook 5 min or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in rice, chicken broth, green pepper sauce, tomatoes, and cajun seasoning mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes before stirring.